Doing a show is hard work, but we're here to help!
Kick It Up!
Songs, Sets, Scenes and Characters Card Game
(Directions on p. 26 of the Director's Guide)
- Canvas shoes are easiest to paint
- High tops are best seen by the audience but expensive for actors to buy
- Use tacky glue or a glue gun to fasten decorations such as gemstones, sparkly pipe cleaners, ribbon, etc.
- Decorate Finn and Penny's shoes with ordinary items - caution tape, chip bags, pop top rings - anything easily found
- Lace shoes in unusual patterns: https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm
Yes, you CAN build a car!
While If You Could Dance in My Shoes may be performed without this set piece, a car adds a great deal to the show! Made out of PVC, the frame allows the audience to see Penny and - visually - doesn't take much room onstage. Use these detailed directions: